What is Alanine transaminase?
It is a transaminase enzyme, It is also called serum glutamic-pyruvic transaminase (SGPT) ALT is found in plasma and in various bodily tissues, but is most commonly associated with the liver. It catalyses the two parts of the alanine cycle. elevated levels of ALT (SGPT) often suggest the existence of other medical problems such as viral hepatitis, diabetes, congestive heart failure, liver damage.
Questions and answers on "Alanine transaminase"
Health resources related to Alanine transaminase
- Alanine transaminase high levels
- Plasma alanine transaminase level
- Alanine transaminase critical values
- Lowering alanine transaminase
- Alanine transaminase reads 51
- What does these levels of alanine transaminase and bilirubin mean
- What is alanine transaminase 78 u/1 high
- My alanine transaminase levels are 39
- Alanine transaminase (sgpt) very high smoking
- Low levels of alanine transaminase insulin