why sometimes my heart beats so fast as though it is going to fall out?

Can any one tell me the reason , why sometimes my heart beats so fast as though it is going to fall out???
sometime my heart beats so fast, but just for few seconds only, later i feel ok, i want to know is something serious about my health!
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
My daughter age 8 gets this same thing. I have mentioned it to her pediatrician twice and she assures me it is nothing to worry about as long as it isn't racing so fast you can no longer count the individual beats. I trust her, but admit it is sort of scary. If you find out something different add it to your comments, (I promised my husband not to accept emails on this thing)I would really appreciate it.