why is blood pressure measured on the upper arm??

why is blood pressure measured on the upper arm?
Sat, 20 Nov 2010
Hi.
Blood pressure are affected by various factors. Few physical factors that affect the blood pressure are level with the heart, presence of gravity.
On sitting position, since the upper arm is in level with your heart, upper arm is widely used for blood pressure recording.
Another reason is that since blood pressure can be different, when measured in the upper or lower limb, for standardisation, uniformity and to prevent the biasis, upper limb is used for measuring blood pressure...
cristela's  Response
Because if they put that strap around your neck they would choke you.