Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

what treatment is given for resistant tuberculosis ?

dear sir, what r the line of trtment in resistent tuberculer pathogenesis??
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Resistant tubercular inection ( rather pathgenesis) are now a days a burning issue. Treatment line is as per the catogery of resistance. MDR tuberculosis. Extreme drug resistant TB. This is decided by sputum culture and sensitivity testing by microbiologist. After diagnosing the condition ( resistance and senitivity) Physician decides the treatment regime containing newer antimicrobial agents.
Take care..
Answered: Thu, 2 Feb 2012
  User's Response
it depends on the type of resistance-- single drug .multi drug.or XDR--------for all these we have second ,third &fourth line drugs ....their use dpends on type of resistance as guided by sputum culture & sensitivity...
Answered: Tue, 29 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor