Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

what kind of symptom is this and how can it be treated ?

what kind of symptom is this? how can it be treated? when I go to to sleep and If am kind of awake in the middle of the nite, ( or I wake up), I sometimes feel i have no oxygen in my brain . I feel like I am losing conciousness for like 2 second or so and I am trying to get oxygen by making sound or taking a deep breathe. what kind of symptom are this? is it normal? how can it be treated?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  217
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
sounds like a sleep disorder called sleep apnea, and it is when you actually do stop breathing in your sleep. sometimes stress can cause this but you need to sign up for a sleep study at a hospital and see your doctor to talk about it. in a sleep study they will monitor you while you sleep for a night and then tell you whats going on . some people have to be hooked up to breathing machines at night, although in your case it doesnt seem to be that severe where you would need the machine, you should still get it checked out before it gets any worse.
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor