what is the reason for cataract?

hi guys, what`s the reason for cataract?
Wed, 18 Sep 2013
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures ,  
's  Response
hi buddy, adult cataract is generally associated with aging.
Manoj's  Response
causes include trauma, radiation exposure, and excessive exposure to ultraviolet light (sunlight). In many cases, the cause of cataract is unknown.
testin8's  Response
hi anyone knows what congenital cataract means? what causes it?
Ved Prakash's  Response
hi, congenital cataracts are cataracts which are present from birth or appear shortly after. They may be genetic or they may be caused by congenital infections such as rubella, or associated with diseases like galactosemia.
Shahajahan's  Response
The cataract can be caused by diabetes, an injury to the eye, exposure to ultraviolet light from sunlight, medication use, such as long-term use of steroids, smoking, heavy drinking, family history of cataracts, eating too much or too little, not eating a healthy, balanced diet and dehydration.
Dr.Mihir Shah's  Response

Reasons for cataract are many.For detailed and authentic info on cataract visit

http://sites.google.com/site/eyediseases/Home/cataract

Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
cataracts are congenital or developmental,which start during intra uterine life due to infections or drug intake by mother,or acquired that is later in life due to injury,diabetes or aging.It is basically denaturization of protein of lens
Ophthalmologist Dr. Mridula Mehta's  Response
Hi
Cataract means opacification of lens, the normally aligned lens fibres undergo structural changes and become opaque and some pigments start accumulating within the lens.
Congenital cataracts and developmental cataracts occur in children due to biochemical problems, infections,poor nutrition,trauma etc.
In adults ageing, uv exposure, biochemical diseases like diabetes, trauma, eye diseases inflammatory or degenerative diseases etc may lead to cataract .
Best wishes
Ophthalmologist Dr. Dadapeer K's  Response
Cataract is opacification of natural lens of the eye. The cause can be congenital or acquired.
The most common cause is acquired, in that because of age related called as senile cataract. As the age advances because of physiological changes occurring in the eyes.
The other causes for cataract are congenital causes because of hereditary or inherited conditions, injury to the eyes, metabolic diseases like diabetes mellitus, inflammations inside the eye, diseases of the eye ....

Thank you