what is the difference between Angina Pectoris and Myocardial Infarction ?

what is the difference between Angina Pectoris and Myocardial Infarction?
Fri, 15 Oct 2010
's  Response
In angina there is pain due to decreased blood and oxygen supply to the heart. Once there's enough oxygen the heart tissue goes back to normal. There's stable (something you have been feeling for a long time in the same situation and hasn't changed) and unstable, the dangerous one, which can lead to myocardial infarction (these two are called acute coronary syndrome). In myocardial infarction, the tissue actually dies, so even after the oxygen is restored, that particular part will never return to normal. Usually there's always a part that is only ischemic (low oxygen) but not dead yet, so its necessary to reperfuse (open those arteries) as soon as possible to save the sick but not dead tissue. In a few words: angina: reversible damage infarction: irreversible, dead tissue.
aya's  Response
how about if I feel ache in my chest, vomiting, faint, and also my back shoulder, left and right is aching. what do you call that?
aya's  Response
Good afternoon Doc. I was confuse about my heart because i have chest pain, vomiting, my back shoulder ache, sometimes I'm fainted. What do you think is this? Thank you.