what do you mean by heart stroke?

what do you mean by heart stroke?
Fri, 18 Dec 2009
's  Response
Heart attack is generally otherwise called as heart stroke.

Hi im 19 yrs old a 5 6nd weight 132 lbs. I been having this warm and weak sensation in my left arm for a few months now and i saw today the symptoms of a Blood Clot and it look similar to what i feel. I mean i dont think i have a lot of chance of getting blood clot cause of my age. I used to play sports few years back in high school. I been also getting this warm sensation on my left chest close to the heart. I has anxiety and last year i went to the doctor thinking i was having a heart attack. They did a stress test and EKG and everything was fine. Im super scared of having a stroke at my age. One of my friend had one 3 years ago im scared it could happen to me.

My husband is 59 years old. He has high blood pressure. He is under a lot of stress right now. lately I noticed he walks different. He takes baby steps and has a problem with right side, bumping into things. He sleeps more than usual. Did he have a stroke?

I am aware that stroke and heart attack are cardiovascular episodes. But what s the similarity between them ?

Recent questions on  Myocardial infarction

husband had abnormal ecg echo test clear but positive stress test showing he may have had a heart attack.he is 59 and father had angina died at 68 with stroke husband is non smoker and non drinker,has to have angiogram,could it be a false alarm or am i deluding myself?

I have seen two doctors for chest pain. I have had stress test tilt table test and angiogram done. One doctor says that it is coronary artery spasms and the other says its angina. I quit my stressful job, and haven t had an attack in awhile. But in the last week I have had two attack. They seem to be getting worse. I went to the ER for this last one and they said everything looked ok. Can you have a mini heart attack and not know? I am still experiencing chest pain, but don t want to go back to the ER.

hello. was wondering if i should be concerned. my mother has atrial fibrillation as was given digoxin and metroprolol a few weeks ago. a cardiologist that checked her two days ago said that her heart rate is to slow & that those drugs weren t helping (she was feeling dizzy upon exertion...i.e walking 2-3 mins). now her heart is racing (approx 100-105 bpm and i m concerned. she says she feels fine but does this mean she s at increased risk of heart attack or stroke?

hi i am a 30 yr old female pulse rate is 79 blood pressure is 125/70 family history of heart disease. (grandmother on fathers side had 6 heart attacks last one large. my father had 2 heart attacks 1 when he was 41 then 11 months later the second which killed him) i was on duromine and had tachycardia my rate went up to 125 and blood pressure was up and had some palpitations which did not show up on ecg just wondering if i should wear a monitor for 24 hours. had blood test recently and my cholesterol is up.

I am a 66 year old woman, healthy and fit before a Sudden Cardiac Arrest this year (April) CPR and defibrillation received and was resuscitated. How long will it take for the chest/ribs to repair/recover from the procedures? Stretching and turning...

I am 77 years Diabetic type 1 since 14 years under control with Amaryl 1 mg two in morning 1 in night Blood pressure since 16 yrs under control with Lipril 5 Two Tab a day I work normally and I have no impairment Since a month I am feeling...

I'm a 27 year old male. 7 days ago I was showering and not long before drank 3 tablespoons of salt in hot water (thought it was good for sore throats, later learned you're not supposed to drink it). During the shower my heart suddenly began...