Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

what can be done for an enlarge heart patient ?

My father has an enlarge heart and I want to know what can be done for it and if he can die from it ?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  246
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
This is a fatal condition. They can help to aid his heart with diuretics and digoxin for a long time depending on the degree of heart failure he is experiencing. It is not always a fast-moving disease. Many people live for years with some degree of CHF. It is always eventually fatal though. It just depends on the degree of heart failure. He should rest and not do anything that stresses his body too much. And he needs to be sure to take his medicines.
Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor