what are some of the signs to low calcium?

Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
muscle cramps like "charley horses" in the legs...here is a link..scroll down to symptoms.. http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic271.htm

I have a calcium level of 52 in my urine test results and had pancreatic cancer with whipple surgery 5 years ago, why is my levels so low, I had a kidney stone in april and possible ones in my kidney now. I was prescribed calcium supplement but most thing do not digest and absorbe in my system due to the surgery

Hi I had inserted mirena 2 years ago and its just one week I have removed it because I felt awful with it at the other hand I was diagnosed with hypothyroid autoimmune 6 month ago that I supposed it is connected to the Mirena. but my question is about my very low calcium level since 8 months ago I found out I have very low calcium level , I ve been on treatment by taking 1200 mg daily calcium supplements and vitamin D but my calcium deficiency has gotten even worse and I m wondering if tit has been linked to my hormonal imbalance like estrogen due to my mirena or what could be a cause? I ve had celiac disease and paratyroid blood test done by next week but I don t think they could be the problem in my case?

Hi Doctor, What is the symptom of low calcium, I just had my thyroid removed 3 months ago and on 125mg a day thyroxine, initially after surgery i required 6 x 600mg calcium tablets a day, gradually reduced to 4 then 2 a day, and 4 weeks ago stop calcium tablets. and no calcium tablet required at the moment after the last blood test( 4 weeks ago), lately I have a feeling of numbness in my hands and feet, legs. Is it lack of calcium cauing these. Doctors has preserved the 4 parathyroid glands, one in original position and 3 implanted in the muscle. Thinh Nguyen