Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

vaginal stinging..

hi im 65 years old and three weeks ago. i had intercourse with my husband of 48 years. and this horrible stinging started in my vAGINA..i went to the doctors. he examined me and said my womb and my vagina look very healthy.he asked if i had been bleeding. i said i have not. and he said he will send me to see a gynechologist and i became afraid and asked him why as im terrified of cancer. he said he saw nothing like that. but im very worried and i cannot see the gynechologist till the 26th of august. which is over a month away .i do suffer with the menopause. and hot flushes and sex is very painful. as my husband. also has peronies disease and cant always get an erection please ease my mind thank you therese
Asked On : Thu, 22 Jul 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  566
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Sexologist 's  Response

The stinging sensation may be due to vaginal dryness or lack of adequate lubrication during intercourse. At your age even if the vagina looks healthy on pelvic examination, the sex might be painful due to lack of lubrication. It is a common life event so do not worry.

Use copious amounts of K Y gelly inside the vagina, apply with an applicator or ask your partner to apply inside for you as well as over the tip of his penis before insertion will most likely solve your problem. Both you and your partner should be supportive of each other and you will definately be able to enjoy your sex life.

In addition for your hot flashes you can try simple remedies,
Reduce intake of caffeine. Eat more proteins and mineral rich foods. I hope you are on regular calcium supplements like Citro Macalvit. For your hot flashes you can try taking Tab Menosan by Himalays, two tablets twice a day for at least six months. Do take up some exercise activity like walking or swimming.

Be good and healthy.
Answered: Sat, 26 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query
Stingling sensation can come if you are having sex without good lube. Try to use a lube from next time
Not having bleeding is good news, there is nothing to worry about esp about cancer. U can meet your gynaec that late, it wont be a problem
Have a healthy life
Answered: Mon, 5 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor