Owl Image

tension in the abdominal area which was traveling to the heart

hi 2 nights ago my boyfriend aged 25 woke up cpmplaining of tension in the abdominal area which was traveling to the heart. this only lasted a few minutes but his heart rate very irregular and he had to take in very strong deep breaths. for around 2 weeks he has been suffering from discomfort in the chest sometimes with pain. why is this? could he have or be having signs of an impending heart attack? im very worried but i think hes too scared to go to doc.
Sat, 12 Dec 2009