Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

swimmers ear..

i have a swimmers ear and cant get rid of it and if i had to rate a scale from 1-10 it would be ten i have tried puting sweet oil in my ear but it didnt work it just seems like it got worser
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jun 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  580
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
How long have you been having this?What is your age?
Swimmer's ear (also called otitis externa) is a painful condition of the visible or outer portion of the ear and ear canal (outer ear).
Because the condition occurs most often during the summer with exposure of the ear to water while swimming, many people call it swimmer's ear. Water from a bath or shower can trigger the condition, too.

Swimmer's ear, in general, is not an emergency.

Medical treatment includes cleaning the ear,pain killers antibiotics,pus culture if any,Oral antibiotics are not often prescribed unless the infection is severe.I would advise you to make an appointment with an otorhinolaryngologist soon till then use OTC pain killers like tylenol ,if not allergic
Answered: Wed, 30 Jun 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor