Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

sweaty hands and feet

i suffer from sweaty hands and feet please suggest me some treatment that can cure my problem.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Oct 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  1279
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ......Miss Ratika...,
welcome to HCM...,
Thanks for query..,
Sweaty hands and feet are called ....HYPERHIDROSIS...
Causes are.....Exertion, Emotion, high temperature and humidity..
Alcohol, tea, spicy foods, drug-pilocarpine...,
Pathologicaly...fever like Malaria, shock, Thyrotoxicosis......
It predisposes to growthof fungus, eczema, intertrigo, keratoderma,
Treatment is favourable...
1) Improving general, physical, and
2) Cause must be removed...,
3) Topical.......use ALDRY--Curatio company available in the market...
apply on sweat areas......
4) Medical.....Probanthine 50 mg..3 times daily...,
5) Dermal procedure known as....IONTOPHORESIS....reduces the sweat....
80 %...without any side effects...,o.k...good luck...,
Answered: Wed, 9 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
how can i get fairer feet.
Answered: Tue, 12 Oct 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Prahlad S. Patki's  Response
Medically this is called Hyperhidrosis. Normal sweating will depend on a number of factors like Climate, heat , pollution etc. When this becomes excessive, it is noticed by the individuals. Usually it may be a self limiting disorder amd will require some adjustments like drinking more water, avioding alcohol and spicy food. Cold drinks will be helpful. If not controlled, one can think of medications like Probanthine, Glycopyrolate , herbals like Abana.
Your doctor will choose the right one for you.
Best luck
Answered: Thu, 29 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Thoracic Surgeon Dr. LALENG MAWIA DARLONG's  Response
Hi it looks like you are suffering from palmar and plantar hyperhydrosis, you can confirm it after visiting a Thoracic surgeon, he can run a few test to confirm it, explain management options , medications or thoracoscopic sympathicitomy / or thoracoscopic sympathectomy.
Answered: Thu, 29 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Get thyroid function tests done to rule out hyperthyroidism.Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 29 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor