Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

swallowed food down wrong pipe, what can i do?

swallowed watermelon down wrong pipe, not obstructing breathing, just unpleasant. what can i do?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jun 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  4325
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hi loretta,
If you have swallowed watermelon through larynx you would not have writing question in internet and waiting for answer, instead you would have been in emergency department, Dont worry i think food may be in pyriformfossa or in oesophagus so you are feeling like that, consult ENT surgeon for endoscopy.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 28 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

  User's Response
If you have choked on watermelon or accidentally inhaled a seed into your air pipe, it will probably have been coughed out. What is your age? If any discomfort persists, please see a physician for chest auscultation and a chest X-ray. Food may not show up clearly on an X-ray but signs of the foreign body can be seen.
Answered: Wed, 2 Jun 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Had you swallowed wrongly you would have severe coughing and choking.Since you are normal it means you have not swallowed any thing wrongly.Relax and forget it.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Fri, 28 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor