suggest treatment for psoriasis

hi i have a severe case of Psoriasis on my scalp and face encluding eyebrows i have tried every shampoo over the counter and nothing seems to get rid of it completly tar gel seems the best , also my face is flaking really bad and i have used hydrocorisone 2.5 that seems to work if i use it daily , what are your sugestions
Mon, 28 Jul 2014

Welcome to healthcare magic.

Psoriasis is a chronic cndition which needs to be followed up with a dermatologist.

For scalp and facial psoriasis, you could apply a shampoo containing coal tar as maintenance 3 times a week. Apply the shampoo and leave it in contact for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off.

You could apply 1% hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 5-10 days as and when new lesions appear.Do not use for more than 2 weeks at a stretch.

Other non steroidal options include topical calcipotriol and tacrolimus. Please discuss with your treating doctor about the same.

Hope this helps you.