• question-icon

suggest treatment for high bp

My husband currently has shingles (1 week into it) and is 36 years old at a weight of 195. We were told to monitor his BP for the next 3 weeks to determine any meds. For the past week his BP has been in the range of 160-196 over 90-109. This morning's reading (at a rested state) was 196 over 109 with a pulse rate of 57. Should we do anything? His family has a history of heart issues and high BP.
Fri, 30 Dec 2016
Cardiologist 's  Response
he is hypertensive and definitely needs treatment.
Low salt diet, low fat, sugar and oil diet. regular exercises.
Get one lipid profile and sugars, renal function test tested.
I would have started tab Cresar H 40/12.5 once a day morning to my patient in clinic.