Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

split ear skin,bumpy,flaky with clear fluid.

My daughter is 13 and sure the last couple years the back crease of both her ears split from top yo bottm and crank a clear fluid . This past year one split so bad and became do itchy that she had scratched it constantly and now out literally looks like the ear could fall off! The back skin is really dark, bumpy, flaky, and still draining. We were told that it was called weeping ear, but I can t find any info on this. Is there anything I can do to treat and cure this/ it not on
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  471
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with Healthcaremagic. I will do my best to help you.

This is probably an eczema with some infection. Your daughter will need to apply a steroid/antimicrobial ointment like Fucidin H. She may also need to take an antibiotic by mouth and she will need an antihistamine to control itch.

She really should see a doctor as this problem needs to be diagnosed and brought under control now. It seems to me that she has suffered enough already and there is no need for this suffering.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor