Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

solution for burnt scar on face..

Dear doctor, I'm Harish from Bangalore 25yrs old. I have a burnt scar(4mm width & 15mm length) on my face which was happened when I was 6 yrs old. Is there any treatment to close this scar?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  402
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response

yes you can go for a plastic surgery .

Answered: Thu, 29 Apr 2010
  User's Response

Thanks for ur solution. But when I met skin specialists, they'll tell we cant do nothing & give some ointments to reduce the colur of scar. I'm bit confused. pls suggest me.

Answered: Thu, 29 Apr 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Harish,

Welcome to HCM.

Plastic surgery with skin grafting can correct the scar on your face. For this, going to a skin specialist (dermatologist) is not useful. You must consult a plastic surgeon, who is a superspecialist and if he says nothing can be done then there may be some technical reasons which prevent correction of the defect by plastic surgery.

Wishing you all the best.
Answered: Sat, 5 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor