should i call my doctor if my blood pressure is176/119?

Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
This is well above normal. Seek medical attention to avoid a MI or Stroke.

I am 36 years old. I was put on HCT by my doctor about 2 weeks ago. Today I decided to have the office manager at my job check it to see if it was working. My BP was 170/130 in my left arm and 168/130 in my right. I also had the doctor I wo k for check it and an MA. All the same result. I called my doc ASAP and went in. They just put me on another medication for it and I see a cardiologist Tuesday. My question is, should I be scared? I purchased a BP monitor cuff. It s still currently 153/99.

my husband has been on lisinipril (20mg) for high blood pressure but it hasn t been successful in controlling it. today the nurse practitioner changed his prescription to etodolac 400 mg I looked this med up and its for inflamation fo arthritis should he call the doctor tomorrow?

Dear Doc, My mother has been taking atenolol for a couple of years now. About a year ago, her bp was 210/108 suddenly, so we brought her to the emergency, as she was feeling fatigue and dizzyness. The EKG , blood test and vascular test was all normal, and she was send home. Her doctor increased her atentolol dose from 25mg to 50mg, and also started her on conversyl 4mg. Even with these medications, she still continued to have couple of these episodes for the last year, and again 4 nights ago. All the test showed nothing, I am really worried for her, as currently her bp has been varying between 150-176/81-92, and has been for the last couple of days. Is there other tests that her doctor could request that will help determine what is causing these high bp episodes? Should she ask her doctor to change the meds?

Recent questions on  Hypertension

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...

My father Mr. Paresh nath Pal, 69 years old having major kidney failure, wanted to know about what are the ways or alternatives.

I am providing details about him till now.

He has Hyper Tension , Diabetes for near about last 20 years. Pacemaker have been implanted on 2006 because of low pulse rate.

According to his recent report on 8th april:

Blood pressure- 124\75

Blood sugar- fasting92\pp141

Blood urea-104

Blood creatinine-3.90

potassium 4.8

hemoglobin-9

Dear colleaggues, I'm Ingrid Hilman, MD, 58 years. had my stenting on 17 Feb, 3 stents in LAD and RCA.

Since 2 weeks ago, I develop severe headaches, esp during the iningt or when I wake up in the morning and also palpitation (heart rate > 90). I feel weak during palpitation. I do not have hypertension (my BP is between 90-110 and 70-80). I do not have obesity, smoking habits, my lab is pretty good only LDL 100.

Is this because of the herbresser that I take 3 times a day?

Other drug that I take;

- Aspirin 1 x 100 mg

- Plavix 1 x 75 mg

- Lipitor 1 x 10 mg.

Appreciate your inputs on my above complaints. Thank you very much

I am 54 yrs man. Last morning when I masterbaded, i passed some rust coulured semen and some light yellow coloured semen. I am single for the last 12 yrs but have had irregular sex with few partners with healthy and good background. I have no other problem, except high BP for which I take medicene and the BP remain under control. I also maintain normal health and am regularly practicing yoga. But I am very worried about the red semens. Pl advice what to do. Many Thanks!

I am a 25 yr old female that has recently lost 70 pounds and suffers from pcos. I am off all the bp medicines I was taking, and have been on a gluten free diet since 4/21/11 b/c I am allergic to wheat. I have been getting dizzy, lightheaded, and have a fast heart rate and low blood pressure when standing or sitting up. my heart rate is usually in the 60 -70 range when resting, and it's been in the high 90 - 100 range while resting. The dizziness started Sunday 6/19/11 all of a sudden, and I have kept track of my BP and symptoms since Sunday. I get this intense pressure in my head, and the get dizzy, and my heart will race when I start to feel yucky, I have trouble breathing, when my heart rate is up this high for no apparent reason. My BP will be 93/62 and HR 101 standing, or it can be 114/65 and HR 80 a few minutes later.. but if I go from lying down to sitting, it will be elevated, then it elevates when I stand, if I lay down everything is fine.. the pressure in my head goes away, the dizzyness goes away, and the HR goes back to normal... I have a shunt in place for hydrocephalus, my first shunt was placed at the age of two weeks, and first revision was done 4/5/2010. I want to know what is causing this fluctuation in BP and the dizziness, and fast HR...thanks

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...