Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

running nose

I am suffering from running nose, please suggest to stop this problem.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Sep 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  454
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
You have been suffering from allergic rhinitis.
Principles that may improve your condition.
1. First do a skin IgE allergen test to identify the allergy and try to avoid them by food, environment, touch etc.
2. Controlling dust and dust mites. For example, dust regularly and wash bed linens in hot water.
3. Controlling animal dander and other pet allergens. One way to do this is to restrict pets to certain areas of your home.
4. Controlling indoor molds. Clean bathtubs and showers monthly.
5. Avoiding outdoor pollens. This includes staying inside while pollen counts are high.
If avoiding allergens doesn't help your symptoms or is not possible
• you may try taking over-the-counter allergy medicines to relieve symptoms. You can treat a stuffy nose by using decongestants or nasal steroid spray or cleaning your nasal passages with saline solution (salt water).
Please consult with your physician for final opinion.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh Kumar. R.M's  Response
hi friend,running nose is a condition of allergy either to some dust,pollen grains,and even some try to find out the cause at your home, better to avoid broom for cleaning.better to purchase vacuum cleaner and try we cleaning at home.consult ENT specialist to rule out any polyp,and some ant allergi medication.take care.
Answered: Thu, 2 Sep 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor