Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

road rash on arm and shoulder, redness, small, symmetrical red bumps

I m a 22 year old healthy female and last week I got into a skateboarding accident and acquired road rash on my arm and shoulder . Its been a full week and all but the deeper parts are healed. Two nights again the road rash on my should started getting itchy and now there are small, symmetrical red bumps peppering the area around the healed road rash. It s not painful or excessively itching. Any idea what it could be? Should I see a doctor immediately or how long should I wait to see if it clears?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  815
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for contacting hcm, Dear jrvilla..
As you said that your skin that got rash has healed in less than two weeks but has again started showing some red lesions, i would suggest you show it to your doctor. these could be simple skin healing sequelae but it miught on the other hand be a reaction to the tattooing of the road grit that got impregnated into your skin at the time of injury. In that cae your wound might start to hypertrophy and might get worse. you can however send your pictures in case you feel it would help. You should not wait longer than two weeks after the initial injury.
Feel free to ask any other queries if you have...
Answered: Wed, 23 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor