Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

pro lapsed mitral valve 10 years ago

I have been diagnosed with a prolapsed mitral valve 10 years ago. At nite time especially in the recumbent position it is more noticeable my irregular heart beats. The heart beats can be so irrgular it is almost like popcorn inside of my chest cavity. That it keeps me awake at nite time. I have had an ekg and it was read as negative 2 years ago I am wondering it depends on the day time and who actually does it. I also had a 24 hour heart monitor and the person put it on wrong they said. Yet a nurse told me that she can actually feel the irreular heat beats when she takes my pulse and anyone can. It is very easy. Once I went into the ER and the nurse said Oh you acutally can feel your irreuglar heart beats? as I said I felt that one! as she was looking at my heart monitor. Would it help if I elevated the head of my bed about 2 inches up so the blood wouldnt flow backwards into the wrong leaflet of my heart? Could this be what is causing the irrgular heart palpations at nite time? I have noticed also when I gain weight that the palpations also coincide so now I am trying to get back down again to my idea goal weight again my heart acts better this way. good advice only please! no nonsense please I am a female 5 4 and I weigh 160 pounds I am over weight and I am trying to loose now I work out daily and I started riding my stationary bide last week with my work out I usually am not at this weight and my irrg heart beats increase esp at nite time and it keeps me awake till 4 or 5am yes I get chest pain occasionally if I get under stress so I immediately relax myself and stay away from high stress I am also epileptic. right now I have eplitictologist in such a disaray wanting to know what are minature seizures and which are irruguar heat beats from my prolapsed mitral valve I can feel them both if only I could get the cardiologist and neuro to work together maybe I just need a good vacation in taheetee or however you spell it!
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  355
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
There are so many different things associated with this problem that they can't all be typed here. Do you see a regular cardiologist? If not, you should see one regularly, and come up with the best plan to fix your problem. You should have at least yearly appointments of blood work, ECG's and sonograms. And you and your cardiologist should have an action plan to keeping your heat healthy.
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor