Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

please give me suggestions about my hbsag test

Helo doctor iam sowdamini unmarried ,resently my blood was tested that gives positive result for hbsag is there any danger to present and future i mean for marrage? my father is worried very much about me please give me the clear details and suggestions.thank you
Asked On : Sun, 23 May 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  443
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response

A positive HBsAg test indicates presence of virus of haepatitis B in blood.If you wish you can repeat the test & be sure about the test.

It can be acute infection which resolves easily many a times .If it turns out to be chronic, one has to be very perticular about treatment &life style. Safe manegment of body fluids is important for modern drugs do help the patients to a greate extent, with good cure rate .so please don;t get panic .
I feel getting out of the problem is important at this moment,marraige can be considered thereafter

Have lot of liquids like fruit juice which provide good calories.

regularly visit your doctor for advice of treatment.

Wish you a fast recovery.

Answered: Sat, 10 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
presence of HBsAG IS indicative of active or chronic infection of hepatitis b in your blood.what are your levels of serum bilurubin.consult your physician or gastroenterologist because there are chances of having complications in pregnancy.
take care
Answered: Sun, 11 Sep 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor