Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

pericardia treatment

since two years i am on prednisolone for thos pericarditis which i am carring with, because of that medication my bones have become weak and i am a chronic and continous patient of gastritis. till now i am not cured is there any remedy inother forms of medicine,
Asked On : Thu, 15 Oct 2009
Answers:  4 Views:  441
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
HI, you should not take steroids for long time, it has many sideeffects. My friend's father was taking steroids for long time, now he has highBP, diabtes. His bones are very weak. Avoid this tablet and take some other tablets. This is really a sick thing to take. It also caused him severe blood vomiting
Answered: Fri, 16 Oct 2009
  User's Response
u shud not be on steroids for pericarditis for so long ......what type of pericarditis u were told it tubercular ? ... there r very many options nowadays for chronic pericarditis
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
yes even i came to know about side effects of steroids...i think my uncle was prescribed to have..some antibiotic and tablet voveron...for one week..for this pericarditis he is feeling better...
Answered: Fri, 16 Oct 2009
  Anonymous's Response

Your doctor will be best person to advise, else go a a proper heart institute..

Answered: Thu, 15 Oct 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor