Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

pain and swelling in right knee

At present I am 72 yrs of age. For about nine months now I am having pain and swelling in the right knee. X-ray has revealed a gap. No treatment like Glucosimine caps. or Ayurvedic medicines or Accupuncuture has improved the situation. Can gap be removed altogether? Because of constant pain I cannot sleep properly at night. Please advise. S.K.Bhatia, N.Delhi
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  496
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
  Anonymous's Response

The gap could be due to wearing out of the capsule. It is an irreversible condition. Do consult an orthopedic surgeon for further details.

Answered: Sat, 23 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor