• question-icon

osteosarcoma

If you have osteosarcoma, and it spreads to your lungs, and you have a small tumor, do they have to be hospitalized? like, what does that mean for the patient?
Sat, 2 Jan 2010
's  Response

for lung mets with Osteo saarcoma the best course of action is a thoracotomy. A surgery in which the nodule will be removed and the surgeon will feel the whole lung for any others while they are in there. It's typically a 5-6 stay in the hospital to recover. I highly recommend finding an experienced surgeon - also following up with some type of Chemo therapy to keep the micromets at bay. Feel free to contact me directly if you have more questions...I stumbled across your post on a 'google search' so I don't know if I'll find it again. my e-mail is donnaj65@comcast.net - good luck  and god bless with whatever you decide

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

It means the carcinoma is in the final stages, hence should be treated as early as possible usually with the help of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Surgery is advised only in the initial stages.

Dinesh 's  Response

why sirgery is at initial stage and what is that stage 1,2,3 ? .. what is the success rate of the treatment (surgery) in case the infected area removed from jaw

Dinesh 's  Response