Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online


Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for placing your query with Health Care Magic
You should show your child to a pediatric surgeon. Such symptoms are called frequency of urination and can be due to
1. Urinary tract infection: however since there is no burning or fever, chances are less. Still it makes sense to get a urinanalysis and culture done to get it ruled out for sure.
2. It may some problem in her spine or back bone which leads to poor control over her bladder and also stools. We need an X-Ray of the lower spine
3. It may also be due to vesico-ureteric reflux (a condition in which urine from bladder goes back to kidneys). We need an ultrasound and a micturating cystourethrogram/ MCU to diagnose it (a test where a dye is put in her bladder and then X-Rays are taken)
4. Her bladder may not be of adequate size (can be seen on MCU and ultrasound) or may not be functioning well (needs a test where we measure pressures inside bladder: urodynamic study)
5. There may some problem with her anatomy of ureters (pipes which bring urine from kidneys to bladder)
6. It may just be psychological.
All these conditions are well treatable but a diagnosis is important.
Consult a pediatric surgeon for the same
Hope that helps
God bless you

Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor