Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

my wife has problems like coughing and a spitting up a brownish/red fluid

my wife has this exact problem,paramedics were here this morning but said this does not seem to be life threating.

Chest Pain, difficulty breathing, accelerated heart rate for over a year now i've had difficulty with my breathing. I weeze a great deal and have constant dull pain in my chest -- sometimes on the left side, sometimes on the right side. When I'm laying down and my heart rate gets up (which it does real fast) sometimes I'll start coughing and a spitting up a brownish/red fluid. What's wrong with me?

Asked On : Thu, 11 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  302
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

You seem to have asthma kind of problem and the blood wit spit is due to breaking of small blood veesels due to the wheeze..yu should meet a pulmonologist and get a PFT test done to see what is happening and be on regular treatmentto avoid further such episodes..its not life threatening, but if left uncontrolled then it can turn serious.

Answered: Sun, 14 Mar 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Brownish colored phlegm points towards bleeding from the lungs.You must consult a chest physician and get X-ray chest and CT chest done as early asossible.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Tue, 13 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor