Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

my right nostril and right ear are always blocked. Any remedy for these symptoms ?

Hi, my right nostril and right ear are always blocked. I feel more pain in my right ear when chewing or moving my jaw. I am very sensitive to cold infection and I have taken antibiotics that cure the infections but not my nostril and ear problem. Could there be a common cause for this?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  526
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Definitely there is a relation between these two. The blocked part of the nose causes vacuum behind the obstruction and there will be blockage of the eustacian tube (the tube connecting nose and the ear). Block can be due to deviated nasal septum or allergic polyposis or hypertrophied turbinates. Get yourself examined from an apt ENT surgeon to find out the cause of obstruction and further management.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Wed, 19 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor