Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

my husbands blood pressure was 234/118 how bad is this??

my husbands blood pressure was 234/118 how bad is this?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  3 Views:  646
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Welcome To Health Care Magic,
This blood pressure is very high and requires urgent medical care.Further increase in the pressure may lead to bleeding from the aorta,chronic kidney failure,heart attack and heart failure,low blood supply to legs.It can be controlled by proper and timely medications.Hospitlize the patient in a good hospital and get treated the cause of this incresed pressure.
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello Mrs.Sharma;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The BP of 234/118 is really bad and your husband needs to be treated for the high BP.Please get him to a doctor and he will examine him and advise accordingly.High BP can cause damage vital organs like heart;brain;kidneys;eyes so better get treated as soon as possible.
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to HCM,BP shows its in stage may leads to cerebral haemorrhage,bleeding from aorta,and many preoblems.blood pressure has to be controlled by giving proper medications.consult physician for proper treatment.
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor