medicare bracelets or pendants for use for patients

medicare bracelets or pendants for use for patients who need means of identifying a need for special treatmen medicare bracelets or pendants for use for patients who need means of identifying a need for special treatmen
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
The point with MedicAlert bracelets/pendents is that MedicAlert hold your complete medical history on file. Should you have a problem, the paramedic/doctor/hospital can 'phone the number on the bracelet to find out exactly what has gone on in the past, what medication you are on, are allergic to, etc. You cannot just go into a jewellers and get a MedicAlert bracelet. You must get one from them. There is a fee for the bracelet and a yearly fee for keeping your records up to date. Metronics, the makers of my ICD, sponsor recipients of their equipment for the first year and pay for the cheaper bracelet or pendant.