Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

lesion near the stem of penis, slightly painful, hardened. Feeling shy to consult a doctor. Suggestions?

Hello doctor, a couple of days back I had a lesion, slightly painful near the stem of my penis...the pain has gone now but it has become hardened, size still remain...I am worried if anything wrong is happening..please advice? This is something which I feel shy to go to a clinic and consult with a physician...Please help me
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have painful hard lump near base of the penis.

This could be either boil or a sebaceous cyst. However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination .

Consult qualified surgeon or urologist for to confirm the diagnosis .

You need to take antibiotic for a week. Get the prescription from your family Physician.

It should subside in a week.
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor