Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

kidney infection. What I should I do ?

i was at the doctors monday and he said i have a large amount of puss in my urine. I have very severe pain in my lower back and pelvic area. I am nausous. He said i have a bad kidney infection. i am taking antibiotics which he doesnt think will help. when i finish them if i am not better he will have me admitted to the hospital. Right now i am in so much pain i cannot handle it. I wasnt sure what i should do. The antibiotics are for 5 days and i have been taking them 3 days so far. How can i relieve this terrible pain, i have taken percocet and is not helping. Should i get rechecked. Thanks so much! oh ya, i am a 27 year old female with right sided hydronephrosis .
Asked On : Thu, 3 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
As you are having sever infection and hydronephrosis this is a sever condition. You must get admitted to hospital by the advise of physician and should have intensive antibiotic therapy and exper renal care.
Have a Healthful Day..
Answered: Thu, 3 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
This calls for a very close watch as culture sensitivity test will indicate the best suited drug. have lot of water and alkalisers also in Ayurveda we use Sy. Uralka and gokshur guggul 2 tab. tds with chandan and ushir asav.Nothing to worry lot you will be perfectly fine.
Answered: Thu, 3 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor