is there any way to beat sea sick?

is there any way to beat sea sick?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
There are travel sickness tablets you can take, that might help.

Hi, I am an 18 year old Female. I am in Hawaii for vacation. I have a question about Sea Sickness, I went out on a submarine yesturday as a tour to view underwater life, & as soon as I sat down in the submarine I started feeling really nauseous, and sense it is a fear of mine I started also getting anxious. I didn t throw up but the swaying of the boat like that really was awful. I am now going whale watching tomorrow after noon and It will be a bigger vessel I will be on but I wanted to know if there was anything I can eat or do to help with that. I don t want to rune something that is supposed to be fun, because of me throwing up. I have also never been out to sea before really. any suggestions?

Hi, I was on a boat yesterday, for several hours, and as the waves and voyage became rougher, high waves, the boat going up and down constantly, I experienced some strange symptoms. I was not nausaus, or feeling like I was going to vomit . But I started feeling confused, a bit anxious and then suddenly, I noticed my hands and tongue and were tingling and I felt very weak and faint. I vomitted then (even though I had not been feeling nauseuous). After that, I lay in the boat, and I just couldn t look at the outside waves/boats as everything was just moving too much. Is tingling in the hands/tongue a symptom of sea sickness? Thank-you.

I am 16 days post op 2nd cataract surgery . i have been extremely myopic for 46yrs and now the IOL s have given me a middle focus point which for me means that i will require vatiofocal glasses in about 6wks time. i am currently not wearing any glasses until this time . i am experiencing feeling of sea sickness and feeling faint when i am out in busy shopping area where lots of people are walking towards me; it s kind of like being in a simulator ( which i have never been able to do , unless i close my eyes,because they do make me feel very sick!). Is this to be expected, will it go away when i do get my variofocals?

Recent questions on  Seasickness

I can't lift my head up off the pillow w/o being dizzy and nausea and my head is aching... will I get a prescription to stop nausea and dizziness?

I went scuba diving yesterday, and took my meds as usual: Buproprion, atorvastatin , omeprazole in the early morning. I also took Dramamine (2) when I arrived at the boat. I did get seasick anyway, but I also felt surreal and like I was hearing my...

Hi, I'm a seaman and I got a problem of seasickness. I've been sailing for about 3 months now and I'm still troubled with seasickness specially when bad weather comes. Somewhere in my zyphoid point, it hurts inside when I presses with my two fingers. Is this anything to do why I easily get the problem of sea motion sickness?

2 hours ago, I had a slight headache & felt a little sea sick for 30 minutes or so. 5 minutes ago, I started have blurry vision . I looked at my coworker close up, but couldn t see part of her face clearly. It s partly white and water-like. Even now, i type without seeing all the letters in front of me. Please explain what s going on with my vision. Thank you so much!

Hi Samuel... my husband has just been out fishing and had a turn while out on the boat. He has had one before and I called and ambulance and he had full heart tests and all was clear.
He had had a few glasses of red wine last night, left at 3am this am then took a Kwells sea sickness pill when things got rough. He started getting pins and needles that went all the way up his body to around his neck and felt really unwell. His friends brought him home and he said it was exactly the same a last time.

I take warfrin can i take any sea sickness tablets as i adk in chemist and they would not sell me anything