is it true that I shouldn't eat dark green vegetables while taking plavix?

Wed, 14 Sep 2011
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Welcome to HCM.

Plavix contains clopidogrel drug.Clopidogrel is an oral, thienopyridine class antiplatelet agent used to inhibit blood clots in coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, and cerebrovascular disease.

Still i have not heard about that to avoid dark green vegetable,but FDA announced that clopidogrel should not be taken with proton pump inhibitors such as omeprazole and esomeprazole because it reduces the actual effect.