is it normal for your heart to beat 91 beats per minute?

Thu, 9 Sep 2010
's  Response
Normal heart rate is between 60 and 100 / min.
prabhuteja's  Response
thanks

walking down stairs and heart beating so fast could not count it-- felt like in my throat and upper chest NO history of high BP it converted back to normal rhythm in about 3 to five minutes is this a panic attack or heart disease iam a 60 year old healthy female--- only risk factor is over weight BMI 29-30

i am 26 years.. male. today i go for medical check up in my company hospital.. and found my heart beat is 86 per minuts and my BP is 130/100... is it danger...??? our doctor tell me for check up my BP regularly... pls tell me all about it in details.. i am not smoke nor drink.. i have also migraine headache problem..

I m sixteen years old. and about a year ago, this thing happened to me that was so wierd. I was sitting down, with a couple of friends when my heart started racing as though i just ran a mile! like it was beating super fast. it lasted about maybe less than a minute. That was the first time i experienced it. After that Ill get it sometimes out of the blue, usually when I laugh, then my heart just starts going. I panic, and probably that just makes it beat faster but idk, i dont feel dizzy, or anything. theres no pain. i just put my hand to my heart and its beatingggg suppeerrrr fastt. im scared. its happened about 5 times already? in about a year or a lil more. But sometimes ill hold my breath and then my heart rate goes back to its normal way, doesnt always work tho. Any idea what it might be???

Recent questions on  Heart rate

Hey, I was diagnosed with an eating disorder and the effects were secondary amenorrhea and bradycardia. My resting rate rate then was 45 and they said it could be reversed but I was wondering if it was possible to reverse it in a week? I ve been following their orders of eating more for about 5 days now and my resting heart rate is between 70-80 every time I check it.

My resting heart rate is unusually fast and even if i just walk up the stairs my heart is racing like ive just ran a mile. When i exercise i can feel my heartbeat in my chin and other strange places aswell as having red, blotchy skin all over my body, mostly my face and arms. Also, after exercise, if i open my mouth i can hear my heartbeat, its like a ticking noise. My mouth goes very very dry too. Finally ive noticed that if i lie down and place something across my chest for example a book or ipad, i can see my ipad wobble alot from my heartbeat, is any of this normal??

My rest heart rate is typically around 100 and my blood pressure is typically very good. I am now taking Bisoprol 5mg for atrial tachycardia. My last read had my rest heart rate at 94 but my blood pressure has dropped to 101/57. Should I be concerned?

I am a 23 year old female, studying medicine. For past 8 months, i have been having some episodes of heart 'dysfunctions' that now have turned constant. I need help in knowing what is the condition.
It started last may when one day i started feeling so weak that i just could not get up and was having a splitting headache, when i measured my BP was 90/55mmHg ( before it was always 120/80mmHg). I was having palpitations, bradycardia at times, tachycardia at times, extreme weakness, sweating ( especially on scalp) after sleeping after headache. I was also having light sleep.
Slowly, these episodes became constant. Now I am feeling weak all times, light headed if sitting or standing for long, headache (thumping with constant heaviness), inability to sleep, tightness in chest, chest pain sometimes, tachycardia at any normal activity (walking, doing some tidy up), BP is still low. I also get dry cough on breathing sometimes.
So i got a holter done for 24 hours, got following:
- sinus tachycardia( 110- 120) almost all day with some normal rate in between, my heart rate dropped to 50 in middle of night ( reason causing me to wake up from sleep and not to sleep again) and it remained like that for 3 hours
- average pulse -81
- my heart rate jumped to 179 per min when i climbed stairs ( 9 floors, easily climbed by others), breathing became laboured, headache with blacking out sensations ( i did not faint though)
- I have some abnormalities in lead I, II and III ( looks like left axis deviation as lead I is showing highest peaks and is moving away from III ) even the avL and avF looks weird, QTc>450ms is 47%, no ST deviation, no T wave abnormalities
I also have tachypnea (26-28 per min) and accentuation of Pulmonary part of second heart sound. I also have slight edema on my feet ( bluish tinge)
I also did a blood work up, I do not have thyroid problems or anemia
I need some advice on what i might be having, so as to proceed further on treatment.

My husband had precancerous spot s removed 2 days ago since then he is experiencing chills and low blood pressure along with sweats visited Dr the emergency room that day but was cleared to go home Right now he is chilled again and very nervous

I have been told I have sinus bradycardia and am having symptoms of light headedness, fatigue , confusion, heart palpitations, pulse between 40 and 50 for 5 days. Should I go see my doctor or jusr see if it passes. Why would it get worse as I have...

Hello doctor, I had few conversation with you during last two months.I am in the UK and currently at 35 weeks pregnant. History: two miscarriages, one ectopic and this successful pregnancy is with IVF. I had asked you about B12 deficiency, BPD/AC...