if the heart stops beating can the body still bleed?

if the heart stops beating can the body still bleed? like 30min after heart stops?
a friend asked me this question an i wasn't sure of answer i think if the heart stops beating the blood stops moving thru the body so it shouldn't bleed active if cut .
Sat, 27 Aug 2011
hi,thanks for query.Yes it can,when the heart stops the circulation stops,but blood which is lying in the vessel already can bleed if it is injured or cut.This is only for few hours till the changes starts taking place after death.It will not be active bleeding and will not be continuous as there is no circulation.

wishing you good health.
david's  Response
You're correct in your assumption. If the heart is not beating, the blood pressure will fall to zero and a cut may ooze, depending on gravity, but won't actively bleed.