Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

i have leg fracture how many weeks i should be able to walk.

How much time it takes to walk if i have a leg facture i am chandrashekhar singh,age 30,male.I have met with an accident 2.5 months back .I was injured with hand facture and leg facture.In leg tibia and fibula bone is broken.I have a undergone a surgery in which rod is put in the leg. Please let me know after how many weeks i should be able to walk.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
If the fracture is two piece fracture , you should be able to walk with the help of walker, the next day itself, but if it is multi-piece fracture , it all depend upon how well fixation was done.
Anyway get your latest X-ray done & send me to & I can then exactly tell you whether you can walk now or not
take care
Answered: Wed, 2 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks a lot Doctor.
Answered: Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor