Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

i have irregular periods

hi doctor I have irregular periods right from the first time when i was matured. i got my first cycle when i am in 11 yrs and second one after 1 yr and afterwards if i take tablets i get my period.Now a days even after taking tablets am not getting my cycle.I even tried homeopathy for more than 1 yr bt its of no am 20 yrs, all my friends r getting then why not me.plz give me a solution. am also getting hair on my face and chin plz give me a solution to reduce it.If i get my periods regularly can the hair be reduced automatically from my face. I even have thyroid
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello there,
You probably have a condition called need to get some blood tests done.Check blood sugar.Also get ultrasound of pelvis.This is a condition whuch requires treatment and without that you probably wont concieve. The facial hair is also a symptom.I suggest you see a gynacologist and an endocrinologist.Your low thyroid will also cause period problems.
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hiii mam,

You are 20yrs now and menarche on 11 yrs. Basically period may be irregular for first 2 yrs after menarche (due to anovulation) which is quite normal. After that it becomes regular.
Your current problem is irregular period with facial hair. I think you are suffering from "OLIGOMENORRHOEA" due to "PCOD" (Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease) and THYROID problem. So need to investigate properly.

It is defined as infrequent period and delay of several months in between and more common in pubertal girls.It is mostly due to inadequate maturation of H-P-O axis and inadequate hormonal stimulation.
The cycle are often anovulatory in first 1-2 yrs.Gradually full development of normal ovulatory cycle and it will not have any harmful effect in future fertility.

Other Causes:
1)Mental & physical stress like vigorous exercise
2)Anorexia nervosa-if wt less than 47kg,mens remain scanty.
3)Over wt

So you need to do a USG, Thyroid function test, FSH/LH, Lipid Profile with blood sugar, Prolactin level to evaluate hormonal imbalance and consult to your gynaecologist.
Along with maintain a healthy diet, Control wt and Regular light exercise.

All the best. For further suggestion mail Id:
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor