Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

how to control Chronic Hives ?

I think I have chronic hives, but don't know if it's another type of allergic reaction. I went to an allergist once and it was not helpful. Every day I get hives, mostly on my arms, but also on my legs and hips/waistline. Sometimes it seems to be pressure related- like after I have my arm against something hard for a while, sometimes it seems to come out of nowhere. Sometimes it's just one or two "bumps", sometimes my whole arm/leg swells up with itchy "welts". If I scratch it, it spreads. It is not contagious. This has been going on for about a year and a half now. I received the chicken pox vaccine, and have tried taking Claratin/Benadryl on a regular basis, but after a time the effects wear off. Any thoughts on how to control this?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Oct 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  1301
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
hello amanda ..‘Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum’.
u can be suffering from chronic urticaria.. and pressure urticaria too..
it can be due to allergic to certain food substances or it can be also due to extremes of cold called as cold urticaria or hot temperatures ..
stress and strain are also one of the main factors..
homeoapthic medicines will help in recocvering her..
try to find out the cause..
to relieve the itching apply rose water..
wishing her good health..

Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
hi Amanda;
welcome to healthcare magic
It is a allergic reaction but it will be difficult to point out allergy.Please try this :
---write down daily what food or drink you had.
---write smallest details like was it when clothes were tight or you were against pressure.
----write down on which day or time the rash appeared & try to think what you did just between that 1 hour.
--do this practice for 15 days then sit down & cancel common things what you eat or drink in these 15 days .After cancellation few things will remain & it will be easy to find what is exact thing causing allergy.
I know it may sounds weird/funny but please understand nobody other than you can find this allergic cause because you will be the best person to find out what goes wrong with your body.Once the cause is found treatment will be simple.
take care
Answered: Sun, 13 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Sujo Sonu's  Response
Well,this could be very well controlled by Homoeopathic means of treatment...Homoeopathy really works for such conditionz..!

dr.sujo john
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor