Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

how do you know if your having a palpitation ?

to have your heartbeat beating fast after crouching down to look at something in the supermarket ? i just noticed it today my heartbeat seemed 2 b racing how do you know if your having a palpitation? im only 28 also from time to time i notice in my neck my pulse is visibly throbbing and my heart seems to be beating faster and i do not do stenuous activity i also notice i get out of breath just from walking up stairs i am not overweight , very skinny in fact, not overly stressed out, not on medication and am otherwise healthy is this normal ? ive never had an ECG , i dont know whether to say to gp help? thanks
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  317
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
It's probably benign but it wouldn't hurt to see your GP who will do an ECG. He can also do blood work too and check your general blood status (including iron and do a thyroid function test.)
Answered: Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor