Owl Image

how common is heart desiese in women??

how common is heart desiese in women?
Mon, 22 Aug 2011
Heart disease is very common in woman but is not recognized as often as in men. The symptoms can be different than men and passed off as anxiety . My heart pain was in my right arm and jaw. If I hadn't gone to the hospital I'd now be dead. Always take chest pain serious and get help ASAP!
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Heart disease is not common or rather is not seen in females till the menstruation is present that is untill the age limit of 45-50 yrs.After that the incidence of heart disease is almost equal in males and females.The reason for which the heart disease id absent during the fertile years is estrogen or the female hormone which protects the heart.
Thanks