Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

126 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

how common is heart desiese in women??

how common is heart desiese in women?
Mon, 22 Aug 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Heart disease is very common in woman but is not recognized as often as in men. The symptoms can be different than men and passed off as anxiety . My heart pain was in my right arm and jaw. If I hadn't gone to the hospital I'd now be dead. Always take chest pain serious and get help ASAP!
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Heart disease is not common or rather is not seen in females till the menstruation is present that is untill the age limit of 45-50 yrs.After that the incidence of heart disease is almost equal in males and females.The reason for which the heart disease id absent during the fertile years is estrogen or the female hormone which protects the heart.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....