Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

198 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

hi i have been taking Metformin and glimepride my a1c

hi i have been taking Metformin and glimepride my a1c was 5.8 at last check 3 months ago i stopped taking the metformin for 2 weeks than my sugars seemed to be going high again but when i started to take the met formin again i got really sick headache sweating upset stomach what is that
Sat, 6 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi - I just got a refill of my Metformin and this pill looks different from the one I had previously. I know there s many mgf. of metformin but I can t find this one: The mfg is TEVA and the name of the med. is METFORMIN HCL - which I can t seem to locate either. Is this the same as the other Metformin I was taking?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance. My endo put me on Metformin ER, but the side effects have been terrible (nausea & constant diarrhea), and I have been eating low GI foods. So she just switched me to Glumetza 1x/day.My worst PCOS symptom is hair loss, I have lost tremendous hair. I have noticed that my hair loss increased while on Metformin ER, so will Glumetza likely have the same side effect? My endo told me Glumetza has fewer side effects, but I believe she was referring to the GI issues. Also, is there an alternative to Glumetza, if I cannot take this? My A1C is good (4.9). My IR was 37, which is why she put me on an insulin sensitizer.Thank you :)

doctor1 MD

Hi I was taking one gemer1 in morning and one mellomet 500 mg in night in India and last year I came to US and here I was given metformin by the doctors. But the metformin is not working, I am not sure which medicine I can take here, can you suggest some medicine available in USA which has similar effect. Best Regards, Shashank

Loading Online Doctors....