hepatatis b test result

I am tested +ve for hepatatis, can any one explain the test results. Will i die ? HBsAg (Serum/MEIA) POSITIVE (Sample/Cut-off = 38.58) Anti HBe (Serum/MEIA) POSITIVE (Sample/Cut-off = 0.031) HBeAg (Serum/MEIA) NEGATIVE
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Hi.. The things given on the net are scarry. They often give a very scarry image of what actually is.. I shall pass of this information only for information.. HBsAg when poitive indicates the presence of hepatitis B virus in the blood.. The presence of HBeAg indicates the infection is acute and is  persisting.. Since it is negative and and the anti HBe (which is the antibody to the HBeAg) it is indicating either that the infection is in the chronic stages. Do not worry on this now.. As worrying will only make the condition bad. Follow measures to prevent liver damage like avoiding alcohol and drugs that can endanger the liver.. also little care is also needed in your sexual life.. Follow up with your doctor and he will give you the exact treatment options you need and the seriousness you. Take care..