Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

having power in eyes. Swollen tissue below the eye. Prescribed drops for allergy. No help. Suggestions?

I m a 23 yr old female that didnt need glasses until my 2nd yr of college. Just this year my eyesight worsened in June i went in and was told I was -.75 in each eye. However, only a few months later I went back in and my Left eye is now -1.00 and my Right is at -1.25. I can easily tell that my right eye is worse. I ve gone to the optometrist multiple times in the past few months because i noticed some swollen tissue on the bottom of my left eye when i pull my bottom eye lid down. After looking at my eye she declared that I have allergies. However it s been like this for 6 months now. I ve been using alaway, systane , and she even had me try prescription eye drops. Nothing has made the swelling go down. I am now worried there is something seriously wrong with my right eye and it s just going to continue to get worse. Should i be worried? Would an optometrist be able to tell if there was something seriously wrong? Please help ease my mind.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Optometrist can not give proper guidance to your problem.
Consult Ophthalmologist and get your eye thoroughly examined.
He is the proper person to give exact diagnosis and treatment.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 14 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor