Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

having allergic rhinitis after changing the location

Hi, I migrated bangalore some 3 years back. Before that I was in north part of Indian and had been exposed to more dust , Hot summer and colder winters. Since the time I migrated to Bangalore, I have a problem of runny nose, blocked in the morning, sneezing etc. The house where I stay is away from dust etc. It is at 4th floor and I have observed that it is only in the morning. I stay in a very clean apartment and it is cleaned, wiped everyday. The possibility of dust is ruled out. I have been diagnosed with Allergic rhinitis though by the ENT of a prominent Bangalore hospital. I am not able to identify any allergens at my house (which are only present during early morning).What I feel is the temperature difference which causes this. As soon as I step out side the house the sneezing/runny nose stops. Right now I am taking Rotohalor capsules through inhaler and some nasal sprays to control this. Please let me know an effective Remedy to treat this. No other health issues otherwise.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  239
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Bangalore is infamous for producing allergic symptoms.
It is a green and clean city, and there's not much dust to aggravate/precipitate allergies.
But the culprit here is not dust, but the equatorial climate and the pollen omnipresent in the clean air of Bangalore.
Many people have the same complaint.
And yes, it affects you in the mornings when the temperature is low and a soft breeze blows.
As the day progresses, the heat in sunlight increases, thus causing lesser problems.
If possible, or if your flat is equipped with AC, keep your windows closed in the mornings, or else get a screen fitted in the windows.
Take an anti-allergic tablet ( best is the combination of Monteleukast and Levocetrizine) on a regular basis and take a steroid nasal spray.
Get a total and differential count of blood done.
If there's eosinophilia, it will need to be treated.
Avoid cold foods.
Drink plenty of water.
And yes, I suggest you to consult an ENT Specialist.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 14 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to health care magic.see in homoeopathy there are good treatment of allergic have to find out any gud homoeopath in banglore give proper history you definetly find homoeopathy arouse your vital power to protect aginst disease.
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
  User's Response
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
You have allergic rhinitis problem. For allergic rhinitis proper homeopathy treatment is best treatment option which will cure your disease. for homeopathy treatment a detail case history is required.
For further detail you can contact at
visit -
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that you are having allergic rhinitis.
some time it is difficult to find out the allergy,nothing to worry,automatically it will be subsided.
Take anti histamie like cetrizine or levo cetrizine once daily.
Go for blood test to rule out Eosinophilia as this some times cause this problem.
ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor