hat care can be taken for a bruised bone in the knee?

Hi. About 2 years ago I was diagnosed with a bruised bone in my right knee. Over the course of time and rehab, I still suffer a tremendous amount of pain. It feels as if there s no cartilage in between the bones in my knee and that the bones are scrapping each other. What is happening?
Thu, 21 Mar 2019
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response

As there is an injury of the knee and you feel no cartilage meaning there will be friction or bone touching feeling for you. If so, taking up an x-ray or MRI will be of choice. As the MRI is mainly for understanding the soft tissue injury like the ligaments and cartilages and x-ray for the bones we can figure out what is the status of the bone and soft tissues.

Post which we can advise you exercise like - static Quadriceps, static hamstring, ankle toe movements, straight leg raise in supine and side lying. Also, a knee brace will be advised to act as a muscle supporter.

Most cases will respond to exercise and conservative therapy. May take around 6-8 weeks of time to get full function of the knee and strength.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Jay Indravadan Patel, Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist