Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

fishy odour from my lower regions after having Seafood meal

WHENEVER i HAVE A SEAFOOD MEAL , I have a fishy odour from my lower regions and remains for a whole day or 2.Its quite offish when I go to bed with my husband. What can I do. Or should I not eat seafood at all . It is a favourite dish of mine.

Asked On : Mon, 15 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  1005
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Though the exact cause for these symptoms are not known, I can suggest you a few measures that can help you. Since you love sea food and cannot quit eating it, restrict the consumption and eat sparingly.. A glass or two of Citrus fruit juice or lemonade following fish consumption should be good... Fengurek seed are also good and can be used alternatively..  Change the tamponade and look for signs of infection.. See a doctor if the symptoms persist to rule infections..

Answered: Thu, 18 Mar 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
odour after a meal can be a sign of inadequate metabolism. I would advise you to meet a physician in this regard as some times enzyme deficiency can present this way if it is mild but needs to be confirmed before any treatment as sometimes the only treatment for this would be to avoid the food which causes this. Also try to wash your self regularly in the mean time. I hope i have answered your query. Take care
Answered: Fri, 2 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor