Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

expressed breastmilk for 4 year old

hi, i am a mother of 4 year old boy and 3 month old girl. i am brestfeeding my girl, but i couldnot breastfeed my son because i had difficulty with teaching him. but sometimes i feel bad about that and when ever my son becomes sick i think i should have try harder for breastfeeding him. now that i have my milk back, can i give my expressed breastmilk to my 4 year old? would this be healthy or harmful for him? if so how much is good enough to build his immune system stronger? i cannot ask this question to anyone because i think people would laugh at me. it would be very helpful if i get the answer. thanks in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Feb 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  326
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Giving him now might incresae immunity but to what level we cannot say. Generally also children in that age group tend to fall sick often, make sure he takes a good balanced diet which is very important for him now.

Answered: Fri, 5 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor